Sunday, August 29, 2010

Funk Off.

Hmmmm...nearly 4 months since the last blog post. Where to pick up? Well, if it's been a while since we've chatted, I changed jobs (more on that later), moved to Texas (again), and entered into a de-lightful (drink in the sarcasm) communication funk.
Well, cheer-up, little campers, the funk is off!
A couple of weeks ago I packed up the last of my things at the house in Salt Lake and started hauling the trailer eastward over the mountains. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect from the day, but I was thinking something more along the line of tears, wistful musing about the chapter I left behind in Utah, maybe even a little fear about what's to come in Dallas. YET, what I experienced was none of the above. (Sidenote for my dearly loved and missed Utahans: just because I did not experience any of those things, I STILL REALLY, REALLY LOVE YOU...and not because you are maybe the only people who read this)
What I felt that day was joy. It was like God just flipped a switch and tired, melancholy, communication-funky Emily was gone and in her place was joyful, content, confident, singing like Nashville talent scouts had bugged her truck for sound. (Why is it that some of us only sing really well alone in our cars? I digress.) I was blindsided by joy and it was incredible.
And the next morning after staying with some great friends in Colorado Springs, I sat outside of a coffee shop soaking up the morning light and drinking a cup of coffee with Pike's Peak. The grandeur of the backdrop led me to Psalm 121 (if you don't know what I'm talking about check it out here ) and then there was the last verse, "the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." Psalm 121:8. Right there in that moment it was like God was reminding me of what He's been saying to me all along, "Emily, I'm not kidding. I love you. Always have. Always will." (He uses a Braveheart accent for that last line because He likes that movie, too).
So, that's it for now. Lots of big changes. A new season of joy. And hopefully a little more excitement for those of you cruising by the ole blogspot.

1 comment:

Sam said...

So encouraging! I wouldn't mind a huge dose of joy from the Holy Spirit! Praise God, Emily. So excited for your new season in Texas...it seems like a pretty darn good fit. Thanks for letting me know about your blog post. Talk to you soon.