Wednesday, February 07, 2007

From Maracaibo, with love

It's been a long time since I've posted anything. A few days after my last post I got pretty sick. And for the past several weeks I've struggled with some health issues that have really lowered my energy and ability to get around. Recovery has been very slow and we are still trying to figure out what is actually going on. It's been a long process, and frustrating at times. Right now I am visiting another Crusade staff team in Maracaibo while trying to get some answers and better medical care.
I've been blessed to spend time with friends that I am staying with here. At times I have been overwhelmed by their hospitality, and while I might be passing through a difficult season in life, I don't see much to complain about. Praise the Lord for that.
It's already been 5 days here in Maracaibo, and while I think we are closer to answers about my health, we are still without a concrete answer and still without treatment. I'm praying the answer comes soon and that I will be able to rejoin my much loved team in Merida within a couple of days. Thanks to so many of you who have sent encouraging emails my way! They really boost my spirits and are WAY more fun than the vitamin-B IV they use here to give me a boost.
And if you have a minute, would you praise God for my incredibly outstanding teammates in Merida (Bryon, Amber, Claudia, and Sam) who have encouraged me, supported me, and helped maintain my sanity (what's left of it) throughout all of this?

3 comments:

Emily said...

Amber, you are currently tied for the "Roommate I Will Miss Most" award. Keep 'em in line in Merida. Revoke House privileges if you have to.
: )

Anonymous said...

Emily we've been praying for you over here. Keep us posted, and we'll continue to pray. Lots of love and healing prayers to you from Salerno!

Jen Hibbs said...

Hey Em....know we are praying for you. May you feel God's peace & presence today :)